We’re hiring – Social Media Development Role
About the project
Transition Network dreams of a world where people in their local communities are thriving and have the ability to deal with the societal and environmental challenges which affect them. In that world, communities will be more organised and connected to each other; more aware of opportunities, and better able to act when they arise; be better able to help set the agenda of change and hold more power within decision-making processes that affect them.
Fundamentally, Transition Network’s dream is of thriving community power and agency, based on the Transition model’s principles of social justice and community resilience, as interpreted by communities themselves. To achieve this goal, Transition Network has just been awarded over £5,900,000 in National Lottery funding for our ten-year transformational and long-term change project ‘Growing infrastructure, networks and capacity for Transition in Britain’. The project will build on the amazing work that Transition groups have been doing over the last 10 years in their local communities, and support groups and the network as a whole to further develop and grow and build the kind of sustainable and resilient communities we need.
Due to the region specific focus of the funding we have developed some stand-alone Transition: Bounce Forward platforms (website, Twitter, Facebook) to communicate about this work with a UK specific audience, these are currently undergoing an exciting rebrand as we launch the next phase of our project. These communications channels will work alongside Transition Network’s international communications platforms.
About the role
We are looking for someone to help us run and develop our social media channels over the next 9 months. This is an initial freelance contract with the scope for it to develop into a permanent position in the future.
This role will include:
- Managing our social media channels by reviewing and developing content, as well as widening and diversifying our reach
- Helping us grow our social media following (currently Twitter and Facebook) and create new social media accounts if necessary (Eg – Instagram, TikTok etc)
- Networking and building relationships through our social media presence
- Produce and deliver a monthly UK specific newsletter using Mailchimp.
You will work in collaboration with our Communications & Engagement Lead and a small UK based team.
The contract offer is £4,200 approximately equivalent to 35 days work between October 2021 – June 2022.
- We are looking for someone that can dedicate 1 day per week, although we expect these hours to be distributed throughout the week to ensure regular posting on social media.
- This works out at a day rate of £120 per day and would work well alongside other freelance work
- There is potential within this role for more hours at specific moments during the project – for example if we are running large scale events and need additional comms support. These will be discussed and agreed with the Communications Lead and charged at the day rate outlined above.
- There is scope for the role to continue past the initial 9 month contract and develop into a more long term position should the initial contract go well.
For more information on the person specification and how to apply click here.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Midnight Wednesday 29th September